How Do I Change My Address with Veterans Affairs?
Change of Residential and/or Mailing Address
If you are moving to a new place of residence, it is important that you notify Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) of the change of your residential and/or mailing address to ensure that your benefit payments and other correspondence continues to arrive on time.
Residential address versus mailing address:
- A residential address is the street address where you live.
- A mailing address is the address where you receive mail delivery. Your mailing address may be the same as your residential address.
Permanent versus temporary change of address:
- A permanent change of address occurs when you move to a new residence with no intention of returning to your previous residence.
- A temporary change of address occurs when you wish to have mail redirected to an address where you will be residing on a temporary basis. (i.e. Residents of Canada who spend winters outside of the country typically use this service.)
How Do I Change My Address with Veterans Affairs Canada?
If you are registered for My VAC Account, you can change your address now. If you're not registered, why wait? Register today. My VAC Account is a simple and secure way to do business online with Veterans Affairs Canada.
You can update your residential and/or mailing address by telephone, mail or fax.
For service in English: 1-866-522-2122
For service in French: 1-866-522-2022
You can write a letter to ask us to change your address or you can complete a Request for Address Change form.
If you request a change of address by letter, please ensure that you include the following information:
- Your name and signature
- Your file number or service number
- Your old address
- Your new address
- Effective date of your move
- Please indicate if this is a permanent or temporary change of address. For temporary change of address, please indicate the time period of this change.
Where do I send my letter or Request for Address Change form?
A letter or completed Request for Address Change form can be sent to:
Veterans Affairs Canada
Benefits Processing Unit
Internal Box 50
Daniel J. MacDonald Building
PO Box 7700
Charlottetown, PE C1A 8M9
You can fax your letter or completed Request for Address Change form to 902-566-8842.
If you are unsure of how to format your new address, please check the Canada Post Web site for more information or contact us at 1-866-522-2122 for service in English or 1-866-522-2022 for service in French.
If you live outside Canada, you can obtain a Request for Address Change form through Foreign Countries Operations. If you live in:
Please call: 1-888-996-2242 (toll free)
United Kingdom, Germany, France, Belgium
Please call: 00-800-996-22421 (toll free)
Other European countries (not listed above), Australia and New Zealand
Please call collect: 613-996-2242
Reminder: If you receive Veterans Affairs Canada payments by direct deposit and have changed financial institutions, please complete a Direct Deposit Request form.
Did you find what you were looking for?
Living outside of Canada?
Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, EST
United States 1-888-996-2242 (toll-free)
United Kingdom, Germany, France, or Belgium 00-800-996-22421 (toll-free)
Any other country 1-613-996-2242 (collect)
- Date modified: