Health Care Benefits (Treatment Benefits)
We provide financial support to qualified Veterans for the health-care services or benefits available through the 14 Programs of Choice. We may also reimburse expenses incurred if you have to travel to receive treatment benefits and services.
Do I Qualify?
- You may qualify to receive financial support for treatment benefits, if you are:
- in receipt of a disability benefit;
- in receipt of services through the Veterans Independence Program;
- in receipt of financial assistance through the Long Term Care program; or
- in receipt of the War Veterans Allowance.
Information for still-serving regular members of the Canadian Armed Forces (excluding Reservists) and the RCMP (excluding civilian members) who have a VAC disability benefit.
Any treatment benefits you require for your disability will be provided through your home organization until you have released from service.
- Releasing Canadian Armed Forces members –
please ensure your discharge date/documentation has been provided to your Canadian Forces Health Services Centre (CF H Svcs C) so they may update their system. Incorrect release date information may impact your eligibility to access VAC’s treatment benefits.
- Releasing RCMP members –
please notify your local VAC Area office of your discharge date. If you are unsure which office is nearest to you, please contact us.
Did you find what you were looking for?
Living outside of Canada?
Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, EST
United States 1-888-996-2242 (toll-free)
United Kingdom, Germany, France, or Belgium 00-800-996-22421 (toll-free)
Any other country 1-613-996-2242 (collect)
- Overview - Do I qualify?
- Information for Cardholders
- Information for Health Care Service Providers
- Date modified: