Retirement Income Security Benefit
The Retirement Income Security Benefit (RISB) is a monthly taxable benefit.
This benefit tops up a Veteran’s total annual income to at least 70% of what he or she received in financial benefits from VAC before age 65.
Survivors may also be eligible for this benefit.
Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces who:
- have reached age 65, and;
- are eligible for a disability benefit, and;
- were eligible for the Earnings Loss Benefit at the age of 65 as a result of being totally and permanently incapacitated, or;
- were eligible for SISIP LTD on or after April 1, 2006.
- who are no longer eligible for Earnings Loss; or
- of Veterans who were eligible for RISB.
What you need before you start
Veterans Affairs Canada will contact Veterans and survivors who appear to be eligible for this benefit.
If you have not been contacted and feel you meet the eligibility criteria, please contact us.
Other ways to apply
- Date modified: