Attendance Allowance is an additional tax-free monthly assistance to individuals who:
- have a Disability Pension of 1% or more or receive Prisoner of War compensation;
- are totally disabled, whether by reason of military service or not; AND
- need help with daily living tasks.
The amount payable is based on the degree of attendance needed for your day-to-day personal care.
If you are receiving a disability benefit for a condition that causes wear and tear on your clothing or requires you to wear specially-made clothing, you may qualify for a monthly tax-free clothing allowance.
- Career Impact Allowance
- Disability Benefits
- Disability Pension
- Disability Award
- Exceptional Incapacity Allowance
- Related Allowances
- Applying for Benefits
- How Benefits are Determined
- Who Can Help?
- Reviews and Appeals
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Date modified: