2006 Table of Disabilities
What is the Table of Disabilities?
The Table of Disabilities (TOD) is a legislated /statutory instrument used to assess the extent of a disability for the purposes of determining disability benefits. The Table considers the relative importance of a certain body part/system to assess the level of impairment and the impact that impairment has on the individual's quality of life.
This publication is available upon request in alternate formats.
All Chapters - PDF Version
Table of Contents
- Ch 01 - Introduction and Instructions (Updated: February 2018)
- Ch 02 - Quality of Life (Updated: February 2018)
- Ch 03 - Partially Contributing Impairment
- Ch 04 - Paired Organs and Paired Limbs
- Ch 05 - Attendance Allowance (Updated: February 2018)
- Ch 06 - Clothing Allowance
- Ch 07 - Exceptional Incapacity Allowance (Updated: March 2012)
- Ch 08 - Visual Impairment
- Ch 09 - Hearing Loss and Ear Impairment (Updated: November 2007)
- Ch 10 - Nose, Throat and Sinus Impairment
- Ch 11 - Dental and Oral Impairment
- Ch 12 - Cardiorespiratory Impairment
- Ch 13 - Hypertension and Vascular Impairment
- Ch 14 - Gastrointestinal Impairment
- Ch 15 - Endocrine and Metabolic Impairment
- Ch 16 - Urinary, Sexual and Reproductive Impairment
- Ch 17 - Musculoskeletal Impairment
- Ch 18 - Malignant Impairment
- Ch 19 - Impairment in Activities of Daily Living (Updated: October 2017)
- Ch 20 - Neurological Impairment (Updated: October 2016)
- Ch 21 - Psychiatric Impairment (Updated: October 2016)
- Ch 22 - Skin Impairment
- Ch 23 - Hemopoietic Impairment
- Ch 24 - Tuberculosis
Did you find what you were looking for?
Living outside of Canada?
Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, EST
United States 1-888-996-2242 (toll-free)
United Kingdom, Germany, France, or Belgium 00-800-996-22421 (toll-free)
Any other country 1-613-996-2242 (collect)
- Career Impact Allowance
- Disability Benefits
- Disability Pension
- Disability Award
- Exceptional Incapacity Allowance
- Related Allowances
- Applying for Benefits
- How Benefits are Determined
- Who Can Help?
- Reviews and Appeals
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Date modified: