How to Register for My VAC Account
If you have never done business with Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC), you will be asked to provide some information about yourself to create your account.
If you have done business with VAC, you can use your CAF Service number or RCMP regimental number, VAC file number, VAC Health ID number or CSDN ID to register. You will be asked to enter one of these numbers during the registration process.
Where can I find these numbers?
- Your VAC file number is in the top right corner of any decision letter you have received from VAC.
- Your VAC Health ID number is found on your VAC Health Identification Card.
- Your CSDN ID is on any forms you have received from VAC.
Contact us if you cannot find any of the numbers listed above.
Step 1. GCKey or Sign-In Partner
Establish your My VAC Account username and password using GCKey or Sign-In Partner.
Which one is right for you?
Sign-in Partner – If you do business online, you can use an existing username and password to access Government of Canada services online. However, if you are not involved with one of the partner organizations, you can opt for GCKey.
GCKey – This can be used with any Government of Canada enabled service including My VAC Account.
Note: Keep your username and password private so no one else can access your personal information.
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Step 2. My VAC Account Registration process
After you enter your username and password, you will begin the registration process.
If you have done business with VAC in the past…
- You will be asked to enter one of the three numbers listed above.
- You will be asked to verify your identity.
There are three ways to verify your identity:
- Online - You will be asked to respond to five questions online, based on information you have given us in the past.
- Get a VAC enrollment code by -
- Calling us at 1-866-522-2122 or
- Visiting us in person
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) - You will be temporarily re-directed to the CRA website to either register for or log in to CRA My Account. If you need to register, it could take 5 to 10 business days.
If you have never done business with VAC…
- You will be asked to enter some basic personal information to create a My VAC Account.
- You will need your service or regimental number.
- Our system will check that your information is not already on file with us.
Note: If a file exists (even if it was created some time ago) the system will prompt you to contact us.
Did you find what you were looking for?
Living outside of Canada?
Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, EST
United States 1-888-996-2242 (toll-free)
United Kingdom, Germany, France, or Belgium 00-800-996-22421 (toll-free)
Any other country 1-613-996-2242 (collect)
- Date modified: